Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thoughts on Brock Lesnar (Past, Present, Future)

Let me start this off by saying I am a huge Brock Lesnar fan. I've followed his entire professional career; from his WWE days, to his Viking tryouts, wrestling in japan, and finally into his MMA career. The reason I chose to include that little tidbit of information is because, I don't want to sound like I'm one of the millions of Lesnar haters.
If you've watched any of Lesnar's past fights, and witnessed the overwhelming power and speed of the monster he is; then you can't deny the man is a true fighter. But based on his performance this past friday; I have to be honest, I've never been more disappointed in any of his performances. Lesnar still didn't want to take a punch, I don't think I've ever seen anyone be that timid and scared of getting hit. Regardless, he shouldn't have been on his feet long enough to take any strikes. As soon as the fight started he should have bulldozed Overeem, established a strong side control, and pounded his face in like he did with Frank Mir.
I am amazed that he had the guts to get back in the cage after his battle with diverticulitis, and proud to be a Lesnar fan. But I think I speak for most MMA fans when I say, the Lesnar era is done. I wish him the best in his future, regardless of if he makes a (doubtful) WWE return, or not. But for his safety, if he's not going to learn to take a punch, retiring was the best option.
Well I'm done ranting for the moment,  I hope that whoever reads this enjoys it. Positive/Negative feedback and criticism are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment