Wednesday, January 11, 2012

American Censorship

This is a hot topic issue for some people, and understandably so. I never really knew how bad it was until I experienced it myself. It pains me to see our basic American rights violated.

My girlfriend, her best friend, and her best friends fiance, and I all decided to go bowling. I figured "why not?", I haven't been in awhile. We go, and I know already that the lady that works there is going to harass me, based on multiple previous experiences. The last two times I had come to this place, she would stop the game and tell me to pull up my pants. Here's the problem with that though, my pants were up around my waist, and I had a tanktop on under my shirt and tucked into my pants. So what she thought was underwear was just my black tanktop showing. I was willing to let these incidents slide, but this past weekend when we went, I realized why censorships is such a big issue. I was wearing a black t-shirt that read, "a**hole." And she made me turn it inside out to stay in the bowling alley, she felt the need to try to censor an already censored t-shirt. Now obviously the woman doesn't like me, for reasons I do not know. However, violating my freedom of speech and freedom of expression is unacceptable. Out of courtesy to my girlfriend and her friends, I did not make a scene. But I guarantee, I won't go back there and waste my hard earned money. I've checked the reviews and ratings for the place, I get very similar results in them all. Things like "staff needs to learn people skills", "rude to customers", "staff has bad attitude" are all included in these reviews.

I wanted to share this injustice with the world; and speak out against the unlawful, and unconstitutional censorship of american citizens. Just for reference if anyone wants to know the name of this place, so as to stay away from it. Its the Expo 300, located on Hwy 25 in Greenwood, SC. Instead of smiles, you'll be greeted with snarls.

                                                         -END CENSORSHIP-


No comments:

Post a Comment